Sound Waves South West Seek New Chairperson
Sound Waves South West Music & Music Therapy Trust (SWSW) is seeking a new Chair. We are a small, highly successful Charity based in and around Bude, North Cornwall. We are an independent charity founded in 2000 and we became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in 2016.
We currently provide the following:-
- Funding for Music Therapy for children with Special Needs;
- The free loan of a musical instrument to children receiving tuition in the SWSW catchment area;
- Annual professional music Workshops in local schools and we encourage young musicians by offering;
- An Annual Award for Musical Achievement for young people;
- Additionally, we work in partnership with charities providing Music Therapy across Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
This is a voluntary role which requires overseeing the general control and management of the charity. The successful applicant would work closely with the other trustees to ensure that sufficient funds are raised to meet the financial demands and needs of those we support and that the services are provided in a timely and effective manner.
The Chair is the main point of contact for SWSW, liaising with our Music Therapists, fundraising bodies and the other Music Therapy charities in Cornwall (CMST).
The Trustees currently meet once a month either in person or on Zoom. They enjoy working together and are a cohesive and effective team. The new Chair needs to have had experience of working within a team and be familiar with looking over accounts. Some experience of working for a charity would be helpful.
For more information please email Samantha Kendrick at firstname.lastname@example.org